This “Jamaican Curried Shrimp” recipe is simply delicious. To spice it up add a little serrano peppers to the recipe.
- 1 medium onion, diced 2 to 3 lbs. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and washed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- White or Brown Rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 2 cups Pacific organic chicken broth
- Sea Salt and White Pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
In a large skillet heat oil.
Add curry powder and stir into the hot oil and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Now add onion, tomato, thyme, bell pepper and garlic.
Saute the mixture of vegetables for 6-10 minutes.
Pour mixture into the crock pot.
Add soup and chicken broth and mix well.
Stir in the sour cream and heat through.
Then add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat or 2-4 hours on high heat.
Serve over rice.