A dieting doesn't mean you have to do without all your favorite foods it just means you have to cook your own food this "Auntie's Pizza Dough" recipe is absolutely delicious. Try it the next time you want a pizza.
1½ cups All Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon dry active yeast
½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
½ teaspoon agave nectar, sugar or honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup tap water (around 110 degrees is perfect)
- Pour 2/3 cup warm water into small bowl; stir in yeast.
- Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, and salt in processor.
- Add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil; process until dough forms a sticky ball.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough until smooth, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if dough is very sticky, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to prepared bowl; turn dough in bowl to coat with oil.
- Cover bowl with a dish towel and let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Hit down dough.
- Rolling out the dough according to recipe instructions.
- Start in center of dough, working outward toward edges but not rolling over them.